History Of The Winthrop
The Historic Winthrop Hotel is located in downtown Tacoma. The Winthrop Hotel was built in 1925, and has served many different housing roles in the community through the years. It was named for explorer Theodore Winthrop, who is credited with first calling Mt. Rainier Mt. Tacoma," a version of the native name, Mt. Tahoma.
FREE LINK LIGHT RAIL stop across the street from The Winthrop Hotel - departing every 15 minutes with stops from the Theatre District to UW Tacoma to Tacoma Convention Center to Tacoma Dome Station (service is available 24/7).