Emergency Housing + Land For Sale
- Disaster Relief: With hurricane season in full effect, HotPads has partnered with HUD in providing a disaster relief housing resource
- Land for Sale: Now users can search for "Land for Sale" in the same way they can search for apartments for rent, homes for sale, and foreclosure properties!
HotPads End of Summer Update
- Fox Business News: HotPads co-founder Douglas Pope appears twice on Fox Business News to discuss the Housing Crisis and the new Housing Bill.
- Rent Ratio Heat Maps: HotPads introduces Rent Ratio Heat Maps to visually illustrate where it is better to rent or buy.
Extreme Makeover: HotPads Edition
- New Home Page: HotPads introduces a drastically redesigned homepage for the first time since launch in 2005.
- New Map:HotPads unveils a sleek new mapping interface with updated menus, toolbars, previews, icons, everythign!
- New Full View Listing: The improvements also carry over to the full view listing, where rearranged information and a new interface improve usability!
HotPads introduces Foreclosure Listings & HeatMaps
- Foreclosure Heat Maps: With foreclosure rates at record highs, HotPads has given our users a way to track and chart the housing crisis with easy to use heat maps.
- Foreclosure Listings: HotPads introduces a new search functionality: foreclosures. Users can now search for foreclosed houses.
HotPads.com Launches Featured Listings
- Featured Listings: HotPads unveils a way for property managers and housing providers to make their properties stand out from the crowd: featured listings!
Holiday Newsletter from HotPads.com
- HotPads Turns 2: HotPads celebrated our 2nd birthday by eating a cake and giving our users "For Sale Housing"
- For Sale Housing: We introduce a "For Sale" housing search, with 500,000 listings.
- Buy vs. Rent: HotPads launches first "Buy vs. Rent" search engine to help users decide whether they should rent or buy
- Buy vs. Rent Calculator: HotPads also developed a Buy vs. Rent calculator to help users figure out whether renting or buying will leave them better off financially