Improving credit can take a long time so start now!
- - Pay bills on time. Late payments shows on credit and will set you back.
- - Keep balances low or $0 on credit cards and revolving credit accounts.
- - Pay off all debt.
- - Find a good agency for monitoring your credit report and dispute any fraudulent charges.
- - If you're having a hard time paying debts or bills, call the accounts and work out payment plans before they ding your credit.
- - Avoid opening new credit card accounts, unless it's to reestablish your credit.
- - Don't close old credit card accounts.
Maintaining consistent payments and low debt to income ratio should help to increase your overrall score.
*This was voted the best answer from our community of users, not an answer, opinion or advice from HotPads.