Looking for an apartment with a roommate or significant other? Coordinating your rental search efforts just got easier.
HotPads has just released a new feature on desktop and mobile that lets rental hunters text a listing to a friend, family member or roommate for their input. And, you don’t have to be logged in or have a HotPads account to do it. HotPads is one of the only rental search websites that offers rental hunters the ability to text listings.
Here’s how it works:
1. Go to HotPads on your desktop or download the mobile app.
2. Search for rentals in your area.
3. When you find one you like, click on the “Share” button.
4. Choose the “Or send a text message instead” option below the “Email friend” button.
5. Use the message provided or type a personalized message. Include your name and input the phone number(s) of the people you want to send the listing to. You can send it to as many people as you like.
6. This is what your friend will see. They can opt out of the alerts at any time.