Mitchellville is a wonderful "small town" community with a population of approximately 2,300 people with easy access to Interstate 80 and approximately 18 miles from downtown Des Moines.
This beautiful 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, single family ranch house will be available August 1st. The interior and exterior are newly painted and new carpeting will be installed soon.
This house was renovated by the current owner in late 2009 and is in great condition. Features include:
- New interior and exterior paint (July, 2017)
- Gas back-up generator powers the sump-pumps, furnace, water heater, kitchen, and bathrooms. Generator is hard-wired on its own breaker panel making it easy to start in the event of a power outage.
- Large living room with wood-burning fireplace and raised hearth. The fireplace is in working condition and may be used by tenant.
- Eat-in-Kitchen with all appliances including refrigerator, built-in dishwasher, built-in microwave, and gas stove and oven.
- High-Efficiency full size Samsung electric washer and dryer off the kitchen on the main level - no need to take your laundry down to the basement!
- Whirlpool bathtub and shower combo in the guest bathroom.
- Dual access master bathroom from the master bedroom and from the hallway. The master bathroom features a large walk-in shower with Euro waterfall showerhead.
- Curved mounted shower rods in both bathrooms.
- Large closets in all bedrooms with mirrored sliding doors.
- 2011 replacement windows in all of the bedrooms.
- Wall-to-wall carpeting in bedrooms, hallway and living room.
- Curtains in the bedrooms and living room.
- Window blinds in the kitchen.
- Ceiling fans in all bedrooms, living room and kitchen.
- Water softener (tenant is responsible for replenishing the salt regularly).
- Central heat & air conditioning.
- Fenced-in front yard facing 1st Street NE.
- Full (1120 sq. ft.) unfinished, clean basement.
- Large outside storage shed available for tenant's to use.
- Large two-car heated garage with automatic doors. Turning on the heat in the garage is optional, as tenant pays the utility bill.
- 2012 roof on the house and garage.
- 2013 recycled asphalt driveway from the garage to Arch Avenue.
The yard work and rain gutter maintenance will be performed regularly by the owner's local property manager.
Tenant is responsible for:
- Gas and Electric Utilities. Tenant will need to establish an individual account with MidAmerican Energy.
- Water/Sewage, and Garbage/Recycling. Tenant will need to establish an individual account with the City of Mitchellville.
- Tenant(s) will need to replenish the salt in the water softener regularly.
- Snow removal on the property.
- Rent: $1,150.00/month paid on the first of each month via PayPal. Tenant will need to have a PayPal account linked to a bank account.
- Deposit: $1,150.00 due upon acceptance of tenant's rental application paid via PayPal.
- 1 year lease required.
- Excellent current landlord reference required.
- NO prior evictions or recent collections.
- NO pets, animals or livestock.
- NON-Smokers Only.
- NO Section 8
- A credit and background check, and employment and income verification will be performed for applicants who submit a signed residential application for tenancy to the property owner (i.e Landlord). There will be a $35.00 credit and background check fee charged to each applicant by TransUnion.
For further information and to request a viewing of the house please send your email message, along with your name and contact information, to this posting.
Thank you for your interest.
School attendance boundaries are constantly changing and may contain errors. Always verify them with school administration before making any commitments relating to this property. GreatSchools ratings are here to help you compare schools, but don’t let this be the only factor in selecting the right school for your kids. Learn more.