Large, split-bedroom house located 20 minutes driving from downtown Decatur and East Atlanta Village, plus 5 minutes from I-285 at Covington and I-20 at Wesley Chapel.
- House is located on dead-end street and backs up to a 15-acre working farm. This place is a dream spot for anyone who wants a large garden, with the option to keep poultry or small ruminants (fenced in area with outbuilding available to use).
- Large backyard with fruit trees - help yourself!
- Split-level home provides convenient options for roommates, large families, or as a work-live configuration.
- Large eat-in kitchen with gas stove.
- Laundry room with hook-ups (W/D not included).
- Back deck off kitchen has full farm views
- Zen-like bamboo forest is a buffer between the farm and Snapfinger Creek (waterfront living! )
The farm operation uses 2-car garage as a workspace, but the rest of the house is for rent. Tenants are welcome to be involved with or maintain privacy from the existing farm operation. The land is shared among 10 farmers, who have a separate parking area near the barn, and is managed by a nonprofit organization called Global Growers (www.globalgrowers.org). We grow around 50 varieties of fruits and vegetables for sale to CSA members, local restaurants, and at the Decatur Farmers Market. Tenants are welcome to purchase vegetables at cost (around 20-30% discount) or to receive a discounted CSA share.
Available Feb 1.
Pets welcome (+$200 pet deposit)
Security deposit (1-month rent + $100).
Background and credit checks required. Application fee of $25 to cover cost.
Please no drop-ins. Available to view by appointment only.
PLEASE E-MAIL. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
This listing is cheaper than the average 5 bedroom home in Stone Mountain by $275.
Students who live in this rental at 1763 Big Valley Way attend the following Dekalb County Schools (Unified School District) public schools:
out of 10
Woodridge Elementary School
Grades PK - 5
out of 10
Miller Grove Middle School
Grades 6 - 8
out of 10
Miller Grove High School
Grades 9 - 12
Showing 3 of
Disclaimer: Historically, GreatSchools ratings have been based solely on a comparison of standardized test results for all schools in a given state. As of September 2017, the GreatSchools ratings also incorporate additional information, when available, such as college readiness, academic progress, advanced courses, equity, discipline and attendance data. GreatSchools ratings are designed to be a starting point to help parents compare schools, and they should not be the only factor used in selecting the right school for your family. Learn more.