|1 bed||1.0 Ba||1,200||$1,750|
Pictures taken when unit was furnished. It comes completely empty (except brand new curtains that can come with it at no additional charge, and a few built-in fixtures and mounts).
OWNER: Nathan Andren, 650-646-5482 (call/txt any time)
ADDRESS: 6533 E Jefferson Ave Loft 603, Detroit, MI 48207
SIZE: 1200 sq ft (Its unique open design makes it functionally much larger than other units that are only bigger on paper). One spacious and open level, plus a raised platform. Huge living/dining room (could easily be converted to a second bedroom - simply inquire), kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, second living room, walk-in closet.
SECURITY: Parking lot and building secured by 24/7 attended gatehouse. Keys and electronic key fob included.
LEASE: 1 year or longer (mandated by association), then month to month.
SECURITY DEPOSIT: Only $1250 ($3000 total to move in)
UTILITIES: All but electricity included
PETS: 1 cat and/or 1 dog under 40 pounds and other animal companions welcome! ...(show more) ("Breeds of dogs that have a reputation of being violent in nature, e.g. pit bulls, Akita, Rottweiler, and Doberman Pincer can be refused by the Association at their discretion"). There's a beautifully landscaped dog run right across the street.
PARKING: Covered parking, no assigned spots, works great. 1 parking pass included with lease. Additional cars may be parked safely on Bellevue by the 24 hour staffed gatehouse, where I park.
* Central heat / air
* Fitness center (treadmills, weight machines, crunch machine, stair climber, etc.)
* On site wooden dry sauna and pool!
* On site recycling center (glass, metal, plastic, paper, cardboard, etc.)
* Community room with pool table, available to rent for parties/events
* Trash chute nearby in 6th floor hallway
* Convenient mail room in lobby
* On-site management office and friendly staff
* Local, friendly landlord - me! (less than seven miles away)
* Gorgeous, clean lobby
* Two well maintained stainless steel elevators
* Wheelchair access / loading bay for easy move-in
Just two miles east of downtown Detroit. Close to the Riverwalk, Eastern Market, restaurants, theaters, Campus Martius, baseball, football and hockey stadiums, casinos, Mexican Town, Greektown, Wayne State, midtown and the cultural center including world renown Detroit Institute of Arts. Five minutes from I-75, I-96 and I-94. Supermarket, drugstore, hair salon, shopping and more within easy walking distance. And best of all, gorgeous and historic Belle Isle is right across the street. (It was designed by Frederick Law Olmstead, the landscape architect famous for Central Park!)
The Lofts at Rivertown was built in 1899 as the Frederick K. Stearns Building (pharmaceuticals), and adopted into the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. In 1906, world-renowned modernist architect Albert Kahn designed the interior tower (including loft 603!). The first loft project in Detroit, it remains one of the most authentic. The community and association are second to none. No building features (exposed ducts, brick, etc.) were addedto make it look lofty.
Due to extensive remodeling, this unit is unique in the building. The innovative open floor plan includes a door between the bedroom and raised living room, fixing a flaw common to most U-shaped units in the building. 14 huge windows and 12-foot ceilings make for a big awe factor upon entering.
* BATHROOM: This room benefited most from my redesign. I removed the 8-foot sub-ceiling and unnecessary surrounding hallway surrounding. It also features a stone tiled shower, glass shower door and sleek fixtures, including use of the installed medicine cabinet.
* KITCHEN: The island allows for flow between living rooms while leaving room for six stools. Despite being the center of the action, the kitchen's stone tile flooring helps maintain a separate feel. Includes use of the easy clean flat surface electric range and spacious yet energy efficient refrigerator (both stainless steel).
* LIVING ROOMS: There are two living areas. The first and largest is directly to your left upon entry. This largest "room" in the loft is open and airy feeling and perfect for entertaining. It makes quite an impression! This could be converted to a second bedroom if needed. The second living room is past the kitchen and connected to the bedroom on the raised platform. This difference in vertical space sets it apart from the rest of the loft, lending a more intimate feel, while providing the best view of Downtown and stunning sunsets.
* BEDROOM: Large enough to fit a king bed, this room features one of the most unique features of the loft: a built-in bathtub on the platform connected to the raised living room.
* CLOSET / LAUNDRY ROOM: It will be hard to go back to doing laundry any other way after enjoying this convenience! The ease of washing your clothes five feet from where they'll hang is amazing. The closet also includes a custom built storage cabinet and built-in California Closet fixtures and shelves.
YOU MAY WANT TO KNOW...
* VIEW: The main western exposure has gorgeous panoramic views of downtown, Midtown and New Center including the river and Canada. Sunsets are spectacular as they flood the main rooms with beautiful soft orange light. There's a nice northern exposure in the bedroom and raised living room.
* APPLIANCES / FIXTURES: This loft includes use of stainless steel appliances and California closets. Also, many added stainless steel fixtures in the kitchen and bathroom and the installed curtains and/or mounts.
* MATERIALS: Exposed brick and duct work, plus concrete columns and counter tops. Main rooms have light hardwood floors. Stone tile flooring in the kitchen and bathroom. Tasteful carpet in the raised living room, bedroom and closet.
* WHY AM I LEASING?: I lived in the unit from 2004-2010 and have been leasing it since then for financial reasons. Although I can no longer afford to live here, I'm happy others will get to enjoy this amazing space and community.
* SMOKING: While I would prefer to limit any smoke within the unit (tobacco, herbs, incense, etc.) for fire safety and cleaning issues, this can discussed. Lifestyle choices that doesn't involve the unit's safety or cleanliness are none of my concern.
Make an appointment with me any time to see this loft for yourself and determine if it is the right place for you. I'll answer any questions you may have. But act fast it won't be on the market for long! Contact me any time to make an appointment. My schedule is quite flexible.
100% of your rent bypasses all middlemen and agencies, going directly to me. 100% of that goes to pay mortgage, association dues, special assessments and taxes. My goal is simply to break even until it makes sense to sell, which won't likely be for many years yet.
I hope to hear from you soon!
1 dog under 40lbs and/or 1 cat allowed.
Other than rent and security deposit you're ONLY costs are:
* Electricity - when I lived there my average monthly electric bill was $80
* Internet / phone / cable / misc. entertainment - up to you
* Per the lease, "Tenant shall carry public liability insurance and insurance against loss, damage, or injury to persons or property caused by fire, wind damage, water damage, theft or other casualty. Such insurance shall permit waiver of liability and waive any right the insurer may have against the Landlord for subrogation and shall have sufficient limits of liability so as to fully cover Tenant's personal property and cover loss from personal injury or death up to, but not less than, $100,000. "
* The condo association requires a $50 lease processing fee, due upon signing.
Parking: if you have more than 1 car you may park them in the loft's second ("Jefferson") lot or on Bellevue St by the gated entrance.
I must submit the signed lease to management 10 days prior to your move-in date.
The loading dock must be reserved at least 72 hours prior to your move-in date. Move-ins are Mon-Sat 8am-5pm. After hours moves, $100 fee for six hours, $20 each hour thereafter. Move-ins/outs are not permitted through the main lobby.
|Type||This listing is priced|
|Zip Code||101% more than||48207 Apartments for Rent|
|Neighborhood||218% more than||Islandview Apartments for Rent|
|City||233% more than||Apartments for Rent in Detroit|
|City Condos||233% more than||Condos for Rent in Detroit|
|County||197% more than||Wayne County Apartments for Rent|
|State||169% more than||MI Apartments for Rent|
|Middle School||218% more than||Apartments for Rent near Garvey Academy|
|High School||22% more than||Apartments for Rent near King High School|
|Unified School District||233% more than||Apartments for Rent near Detroit Public Schools|