|6 beds||4.5 Ba||5,000||$3M|
The Estate --
This fabulous Hamptons Style Resort like Estate is the most incredible value in Emerald Hills. This unique property features 5000 sq. ft. of living space located on a level 19,000 sq. ft. lot with huge solar heated pool and electric auto cover, and in-ground spa. There is mature landscaping with semi-tropical plants designed to create a tropical paradise suitable for entertaining two or two hundred guests. The rear yard area has southern exposure for the vegetable garden and fruit trees. There is a natural rural setting with a creek at the back of the property and a 5-acre ranch next door that creates a sense of privacy in the heart of Bay Area (Halfway between San Francisco and San Jose). In addition, it is close to Roy Cloud Elementary, Upper Lake, Emerald Hills Golf Course and Edgewood Park.
The main house designed with the latest green technology has southern exposure providing for passive thermal mass solar heating that reduces the need to run the gas heaters in t ...(show more) he winter. Deep eves and covered decks provide enough shade to keep the inside cool in the summer. Also, each level has separate heating/air-conditioning control zones - rarely do you need to run both at the same time.
The house position and its roof exposure to the sun provide for the efficient use of the 24 solar panels allowing for the 5kw active electric solar panel system to get maximum solar power. Compared to similar houses in the neighborhood you can save $4,000-$8,000/year savings on PG&E bills. Similar houses can have $400/month gas and $800/month electric power bills. For this house the electric bill is about $1000/year and gas is about $1400/year. The solar pool/spa heating with traditional gas backup heat extends the summer swimming season by two or three months allowing you to start enjoying the pool in early April through October.
The property includes 5 bedrooms, 3 and a half baths in the main 4400 sq. ft. home and a 600 sq. ft. guest cottage (also known as 904 Fallen Leaf Way), currently rented for $2000 per month. The cottage has a full kitchen, full bathroom, spacious bedroom and vaulted living and dining room. It also has a large terrace that looks across the pool at a $6,000 life size marble statue of the "Three Graces". The custom craftsman style house has crown molding, wainscoting, vaulted ceilings up to 17 feet high, hardwood and marble floors, professionally decorated interior, and custom window treatments throughout with wood blinds and drapes.
Main Level of the Main Home --
The formal entry leads into gorgeous vaulted living room framed by round columns on pedestal bases with a gas fireplace. There is an old-world formal dining room leading to a deck overlooking the pool. The Chef's kitchen features luxurious granite counter tops, stainless steel professional Viking and KitchenAid appliances, breakfast nook, built-in wine rack, walk-in pantry room, and a massive 10' long island that opens to a large vaulted fabulous family room with a gas fireplace.
The upper level also includes a gentleman's study with wainscoting, elk horn chandelier, elegant milk chocolate colored walls and mahogany blinds with bath and guest bedroom. There is a three-car garage with stairs leading to 600 sq. ft. of attic storage.
Lower Level of the Main Home --
The elegant milk chocolate and mahogany master suite offers the advantage of indoor-outdoor living through the floor-to-ceiling windows and French doors leading to the backyard area and to the pool. The 3-sided gas fireplace is a 40,000 BTU unit with remote control designed to heat up the bedroom from the comfort of your bed. The 3-sided fireplace is positioned to separate the large master bedroom from a substantial retreat area. The ensuite master bath is finished with tumbled marble featuring two vanities, huge shower with frameless commercial grade glass and deep jetted tub. There is plenty of room for two in the gigantic walk-in closet.
The lower level also features an enormous 2nd family room (currently a gym and home theater) with sliding French doors leading to the yard and pool. There are also two large bedrooms and one more bathroom, laundry room and an under the stairs storage closet. In addition, there is a finished bonus/utility room with concrete walls and floor that is designed to stay cool for wine cellar and general storage.
Green Features :
- LEED, EnergyStar, and Green Building Compliant;
- Passive Solar Heating and Cooling:
- South-facing for maximum heat gain in winter;
- 100 tons of thermal mass concrete walls provide storage capacity for heating and cooling;
- Overhangs and covered decks for cooling in summer;
- 5 Kw active Solar electric panels reduce
electrical bills by 80%;
- Water Conserving toilets and faucets;
- Tightly sealed heating and cooling ducts;
- Dual heating/air-conditioning systems;
- Programmable thermostats;
- Reverse floor plan provides for sleeping areas to stay cool on the ground floor and for common areas upstairs to have high ceilings, lots of light, and warm air during the day;
- Re-circulating hot water pump that saves water usage and provides instant warm water;
- Reversible ceiling fans keep rooms warmer in winter and cooler in summer;
- Fluorescent lights in the kitchen and baths;
- CFL light bulbs in high usage areas and in all exterior light fixtures;
- Motion sensors in all exterior lights;
- Solar pool and spa heating;
- Automatic pool cover saves water, heats the pool and keeps it clean;
- Permeable drainage system reduces run-off;
- Water saving landscaping and high ground water table reduce water usage;
- Twenty-zone automatic irrigation controls
- Solar landscaping lighting;
- Garden designed for growing organic food;
- Well for irrigation - currently not in use;
- Walk or bike to schools and city conveniences;
- Walk to Emerald Hills Golf course and Edgewood park;
- Ride a bike to Upper Lake, Filoli Gardens, Woodside, and the famous Loop;
- Designed to exceed 2000 UBC earthquake code force capacity by 50%;
- Fire sprinklers;
- Wired for CATV and satellite TV;
- Five telephone lines;
- Three hot water heaters ;
- Three refrigerators;
- 1000btl. Wine cellar with Redwood racks;
Garden - Sustainable and Organic -
- A Dozen Fruit trees;
- Two cherry, 3 Santa Rosa plum, Nectarine, Peach, Pomegranate, Persimmon, Golden Delicious and Granny Smith apples, Mandarin Orange, Pear, and Lemon. All yielding over 200lbs of fruit total/year;
- Perennial - Lavender, Rosemary, Oregano;
- Annual - Basil, Dill, Parsley;
- Lettuce, Arugula, Tomatoes (five different kinds), Zucchini, Radishes, Peppers;
- Perennial Fruit;
- Strawberries, Grapes, Blackberries
|Type||This listing is priced|
|Zip Code||45% less than||94062 Homes for Sale|
|City||Homes for Sale in Emerald Lake Hills|
|County||25% less than||San Mateo County Homes for Sale|
|State||151% more than||CA Homes for Sale|
|Primary School||Homes for Sale near Roy Cloud Elementary|
|Middle School||77% less than||Homes for Sale near John F. Kennedy Middle|
|High School||62% less than||Homes for Sale near Woodside High|
|Elementary School District||77% less than||Homes for Sale near Redwood City Elementary School District|
|Secondary School District||52% less than||Homes for Sale near Sequoia Union High School District|