Should You Get a Pet?
Getting a pet is a big commitment on your part and something you should think over beforehand. Many people are spontaneous when buying a pet, and later realize that their once best friend is now more of a nuisance than anything.
Cons to buying an animal for your apartment
- You have to clean up after them; if they pee on the floor it's your responsibility to do something about it.
- You have to feed them. If you are a college student, you may have a hard enough time feeding yourself
- They might be miserable if confined to a small apartment; or a cage.
- They are a big commitment. It's not like the goldfish you won at the third grade fair that dies after a week. This is the big leagues and you are going to have to take care of your animal for a long time.
- You may have trouble finding a pet-friendly apartment, or you may need to modify your lease and pay extra fees and deposits. Luckily, HotPads has a pet friendly housing search that will help you if you need to move.
- You have a pet!
Don't forget to check out our pet friendly apartment search!