Several federal agencies take ownership of, and then resell, homes. Buying one of these homes will take a lot of elbow grease and a little luck, but you might just score a great deal. If you don't have a rich uncle, let Uncle Sam give you the hook up.
Federal Homes for Sale
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- General Services Administration
- Internal Revenue Service
- Small Business Administration
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- U.S. Treasury Department
- U.S. Marshals Service
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
The following websites will allow you to browse listings for single family homes for-sale from various Federal agencies. Each site has its own search process and its own procedure for submitting bids on homes. Good luck!
Additional homes for sale
No luck here? Remember that you can still find great homes for sale with the map-based search from HotPads.com.
Other House Hunting Topics
Jump back for the index articles on shopping for a home.
Other Web Info
The HomeSales.gov website has homes for sale listed by the Federal government.